Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Snack Baskets

DSC02429A while ago I saw this great Snack Basket Idea over on My Family My Forever.  I knew I was going to try it.  It just took me a while to get around to it.  But 2 weeks ago I did it.  I filled them up with random items from around the house.  I drew up some little cards for foods that are in the fridge (Gogurt, Cheese for Crackers, etc.).  They have on their workbox schedule one snack card per day.  Generally, I don’t care when they have it.  They ha

They have been much more diligent with eating since they know the rules.

The rules are:

  • I will be refilling every 2 weeks, no sooner.
  • No trading (I may allow this in the future, but not for now)
  • You must still eat your meals.
  • If you are going to have a snack when a friend is over, you need to get special permission, (that way I can make sure we have enough for the friend)
  • You may not touch someone else’s snack basket.

So for the last 2 weeks the kids have given these rave reviews.  I highly recommend this idea. 

Thanks Susana for sharing it. 

3 comments:

April said...

Hmmm. What an interesting idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Tess said...

I like this idea!! Not sure how I'll implement it with my family or if it will work but I really love the concept.

Heather said...

Interesting idea. It certainly would give you some insights into their character...my brother would have had his gone in a day, while I would have saved it PAST the two week refill date, just in case. It's still that way. He goes through his closets twice a year and gets rid of stuff (by passing it down to my kids!) that looks new to me. I have boxes stored in the garage of things my 18 yo wore when he was a baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...