Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Clean out day!

 

 

Or should I say clean out Summer.  I am using the Summer as a time to really get on top of things again.  I am going to take it slow.  I still want to be able to enjoy Summer.

MP900384872

But………

 

I have had it.

 

I moved 6 months ago, but man it feels like just barely.  I got rid of a ton of stuff then, I mean a ton.  The people at the thrift store began to know us, because we were dropping off there daily.  

 

I now live in a more open floor plan and I just feel like stuff takes over too quickly.  So I am going to do a major de-cluttering.  I have so much storage space in my house now that it is so easy to just cram something in storage. 

 

I used to de-clutter with a friend.  We would get together and go through each others homes together.  We would have great ideas together and it would be so fun.    I don’t have that luxury here yet.  So I am going to try this one on my own. 

MP900431657

I am going to do it room by room, starting with the front room, because that will be the easiest.  Really I am just going to be sure everything has a place and we aren’t  keeping anything unnecessary in there. 

MP900430777

Next I am going to work on the kitchen.  I am going to be de-cluttering my hot spots, such as there is this one counter where I stick everything paperwork, then I look at it and it is too overwhelming for me to deal with.  I have a file box to file it all in, but really I just get to lazy. The file is in the other room, with a lid on it and a box stacked on it.  I need to figure that out.  Also I am going to move our workboxes downstairs into the kitchen.  It is just to hard to put stuff away for us if they are clear up the stairs and in a closet. 

 

We are also in the process of changing how the workboxes will be set up for Tommy and Emily, Katey’s will pretty much stay the same.  I will post about that when it is ready. 

 

We are also finally getting into a Summer routine schedule.  That is helping out immensely. 

 

So those two rooms are what I will be finishing up this week and then next week I will be moving into the laundry room and storage room.  

 

Are you doing any organizing, de-cluttering for Summer?

1 comment:

Jesmicwilmom said...

Visiting from the TOS Crew. We moved 6 months ago too and I am STILL unpacking/purging. Had to wait til my classroom was built on the second floor. Nice to "meet" you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...