Monday, February 25, 2013

My Go To Recipe. Simple Salisbury Steak.



My families all time favorite meal is Salisbury Steak. 
P2171249
It is kind of like a grilled meatloaf.


This recipe was given to me by a friend about 7 years ago. 

It is so simple, and inexpensive.  It is a real meat and potatoes meal around here.

You need.
1 1/2 lb. Hamburger
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs or crushed crackers, corn flakes, etc. ( I use Italian bread crumbs, but homemade would be good too.)
Salt and Pepper. 
1 chopped onion
1 clove garlic
Mix the above ingredients together and then form patties with them.  Cook in a frying pan (so they will brown and hold their shape) Then transfer to a baking dish.  Cover with brown gravy and bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
I always serve this with potatoes and gravy, and green beans.  I start my potatoes first and then make the meat, then I start the green beans and clean up while everything is cooking.
This feeds my family of 6.  4 adult eaters and 3 child eaters. 

I hope you enjoy it. 


Photobucket



This has been part of the Blog Cruise through The Schoolhouse Review Crew.  To get more yummy recipes check out this post.

 
 
 
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...