It seems to me that there are a million educational apps out there for preschoolers. What about the older kids?
This game/ app has plenty to do, with over 12 hours of educational game play.
The Mayan Culture can be one of much complication to try and understand. With the help of world renowned Mayan Expert, Robert J. Sharer this app has been created.
You will learn many things while using this app.
It starts out with a comic book style introduction, then you head to the Police Station to meet with the characters. They share some facts with you via interactive books and then you head off to do your first challenge.
- A trivia game where you try not to let the looters catch up to you
- The importance of artifacts and looting problems.
- Visit ancient Maya cities and sites
- Uncover and analyze artifacts
- Decode glyphs
- Explore the mysterious Maya calendar
- Learn the intriguing Maya math system
- Solve puzzles and gather clues to track down a secretive thief
The great thing about apps is that they can be used on the go or in the comfort of well, anywhere.
Some things I appreciated about this app are:
- It did not require internet after the initial download.
- It would read the information to you, or you could keep it quiet and read it to yourself.
- It was challenging enough for my older kids and my 8 year old could also play around in it.
- They actually learned about the Mayan Culture
I love how Dig-It Games creates games that teach about ancient civilizations. We have reviewed their Roman Town Game as well.
After I put this app on my iPad, I let the kids know about it. I let them investigate it on their own and before I knew it they were playing it a few times a week.
To see what others think of the iPad app as well as the online version of this game, check out this post.
To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.