Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Least Favorite Words

 

My least favorite word is SURE. 

I have no idea why.   I think it’s partially because I feel like you are just going with the flow and not speaking your opinion.

Whenever my husband answers me sure, I always ask him if he is just complying to make me happy. 

It is a funny thing and I just can’t stand that word.

The definitions from Dictionary.com

sure

[shoo r, shur]

Spell Syllables

adjective, surer, surest.

1. free from doubt as to the reliability, character, action, etc., of something:

to be sure of one's data.

2. confident, as of something expected:

sure of success.

3. convinced, fully persuaded, or positive:

to be sure of a person's guilt.

4. assured or certain beyond question:

a sure victory.

5. worthy of confidence; reliable; stable:

a sure messenger.

6. unfailing; never disappointing expectations:

a sure cure.

7. unerring; never missing, slipping, etc.:

a sure aim.

After reading these definitions I feel like the word could possibly grow on me.  In my mind the word means more of a negative, like “Sure, I will clean the bathrooms for you, even though I don’t want to.”  

Anyway, that’s a little quirk about me. 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...