My least favorite word is SURE.
I have no idea why. I think it’s partially because I feel like you are just going with the flow and not speaking your opinion.
Whenever my husband answers me sure, I always ask him if he is just complying to make me happy.
It is a funny thing and I just can’t stand that word.
[shoo r, shur]
adjective, surer, surest.
1. free from doubt as to the reliability, character, action, etc., of something:
to be sure of one's data.
2. confident, as of something expected:
sure of success.
3. convinced, fully persuaded, or positive:
to be sure of a person's guilt.
4. assured or certain beyond question:
a sure victory.
5. worthy of confidence; reliable; stable:
a sure messenger.
6. unfailing; never disappointing expectations:
a sure cure.
7. unerring; never missing, slipping, etc.:
a sure aim.
After reading these definitions I feel like the word could possibly grow on me. In my mind the word means more of a negative, like “Sure, I will clean the bathrooms for you, even though I don’t want to.”
Anyway, that’s a little quirk about me.