Thursday, December 20, 2012

A new season of life.

For some reason I have a song in my head while writing this post, and I don’t want to be alone in that so ……   “Somewhere over the rainbow way up high…. is a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.”

There now that I got that out of my system. 

MC900360994My husband was diagnosed with pneumonia.  SAD.  I know.  He is well and on the mend now. 

If ever there is a perfect time for this to happen.  It was now.

The time has come in my life for me to make a few un-wanted (haha) but necessary changes.  I have had to get a job.  I have been working part time as a checker at a grocery store.  I have 3 kids that will need braces and with my husband being in the oilfield industry, which is a feast and famine type of lifestyle.  I have had to find a way to bring some income in.

MC900233934So while I was in training, he was able to be home (on the mend) with the kids. 

Now my schedule is more flexible and I have so far been able to maintain working, and homeschooling, as well as being a parent and somewhat of a wife.  LOL. 

I am not planning on this for the long term.  I am looking at this as just a season in my life.  That is helping me get through this. 

I am just now beginning to find balance, and that. is. a. good. thing.

I still feel like I should be home with my family.  I worry about falling behind on my never ending to do list.  But my family has so far been more than helpful in this situation.

MM900336579I am very fearful that I won’t be able to hold up all the plates I am balancing.  I was doing fine and totally in my comfort zone, which has now been blasted to pieces. 

I asked around and was very surprised to find out how many homeschooling mothers actually hold a job, or volunteer outside of their home.  If they are all making it work, so can I!!!

I want you to know that I really appreciate blogging.  I appreciate being able to journal about my life.  I really appreciate you reading it.  I really appreciate when I read other’s blogs, that I don’t feel alone.   I am hoping some out there can relate to me. 


1 comment:

dmauton said...

I can understand that season. Once I have moved from my current location I will be getting a part time job as well to help with our income at least for a little while. I don't expect to have to do it for long but just long enough to get some debts paid off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...