Sunday, December 29, 2013

December Recap

 

December showed us winter is amongst us.  We got a storm with 25” in less than 18 hours!  We had our first ever homeschool snow day. –The next day-  We spent the day shoveling and snuggling and reading.

IMG_2663IMG_2666

The temperature dropped hard core and it has been incredibly cold ever since! I’m talking 10 degrees F. for a high on many days. 

We have spent many days doing inside activities. IMG_2746IMG_3029

We got to go to a special reading time with Santa at our library. This was a neat intimate setting and he took time with each child.  We were very lucky to get tickets to go to this.  - It pays to know your librarians.

IMG_2751IMG_2753IMG_2755

My science class had a rock identification day.  This was incredibly fun for each of them! IMG_2759

We went and chose out our Christmas tree and did our fun tradition of going out to lunch after words.

IMG_2837IMG_2838

I took on a new hobby. Crocheting.  I learned how, thanks to some books from the library, a friend and some You Tube tutorials. I made a bunch of Christmas gifts. Including head bands, ear warmers and a beard beanie.  IMG_3073IMG_2873IMG_3063

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We made cinnamon rolls, like we do every year. We always give them out as our neighbor/ friend gifts.  They are amazing! This year I am pretty sure that people gave me gifts just so they could get a batch of cinnamon rolls in return. Winking smile I don’t take credit for the recipe.  It’s the Pioneer Woman’s. I use this recipe so often during the holidays that I printed a copy, laminated it and it goes in with our holiday decorations.  So every year I pull it out.

IMG_2976

IMG_3025

 

I made the best “ugly sweater” if you ask me.  It was “ugly sweater day” at work and I couldn’t resist.  I love it!  IMG_2881

The girls were each in their own Christmas plays and Tommy was a behind the scenes, lights guy for one. IMG_2907IMG_2932

We dipped pretzels in chocolate on Christmas Eve.  This is also a tradition in our family. We usually dip the long stick ones, I just couldn’t find those ones this year.  We live in a small town.

IMG_3027

Christmas Day rolled around and the most um, interesting gift received was Katey got a Rose Hair Tarantula.  She named it Angela the tarantula.  IMG_3037

IMG_3055

I got a crock pot!  I don’t know how I was living with out one! I have already made dinner in it twice.

IMG_3062

That’s our December wrap up.  Looking back I am grateful that we were able to keep and do so many of our traditions even though our lives are so busy. 

Do you have any fun December traditions?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...