I’ve been having a hard time in my life in recent months. I knew something had to change. I just wasn’t sure exactly what it was. I have a lot on my plate.
I am juggling more than I could ever imagine. I have thought long and hard about the upcoming year and the word I was going to choose for it. One day, just like that, it hit me. Smack in the head, literally. It’s a good thing too, since that’s probably the only way I would have even seen it.
My word for 2014 is Balance.
Some things I have already done to help jump start this new “Year of Balance” are:
- I revamped my planners and made the whole planning process simpler.
- I cut back my hours at work. I was just gone too much
- My husband and I took a budgeting course that will hopefully help our budget balance better. The substantial loss of income has hit us and we are looking to clear that up!
- I am limiting myself and my family in the things we say “yes” to.
- I made some screen time tokens for my children to help them balance their free time and the use of electronics.
- I have been aiming for more balanced meals.
- I joined a 1000 mile club at work to help balance a healthy lifestyle.
This is a whole work in progress and I realize that, so I don’t expect to be balanced just yet.
I am ready!
Bring on the balance.
What are ways you find balance in your life? Talk about it!