Monday, August 4, 2014

Curriculum Choices! 10th, 8th, 4th and 5K

 

nbts-blog-hop-calendar-2014

The time is upon us that we will be starting our new school year.  I am NOT ready, not at all!

I just sat down on Wednesday and wrote out a list of what I think we will use.  Since I am not 100% decided on everything I will share with you the options I am looking at for each child.

10th grade

Lightning Literature 8th grade.  (I know he is in 10th grade, but this is the level he is comfortable working in.) See our review here.

Bridgeway Writing (He finished the grammar version of this last year. See our review here.

Apologia Exploring Creation with Biology

Video Text Math (He will be continuing this from last year) See our review here.

Pandia Press History Odyssey Middle Ages Level 2

Promises of the Constitution 

Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance (through our Co-op)

8th Grade

Lightning Literature 8th Grade. See our review here.

IEW Writing Group B.  (Weekly with “homework”) See our review here.

Moving Beyond the Page for History. I will just purchase a new unit as she finishes up a previous one. See our review here.

Teaching Textbooks Level 7 and Pre- Algebra.

Promises of the Constitution 

Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance (through our Co-op)

Handmaidens of Virtue (through our co-op). This is a women throughout history course of which Emily is a teacher’s helper to younger girls.

I am undecided on what she will do for science this year.

4th Grade

She will read books of her choice along with books I choose for her.

All About Spelling (we are almost done with level 1 and will begin level 2)

Math U See finish up Gamma and move on to Delta

Handmaidens of Virtue (through our Co-op) This is a women throughout history course.

Jump Rope for Heart (through our co-op)

I am undecided on what she will do for science and history.  I am currently leaning toward Story of the World Volume 2 Middle Ages for history and Real Science Odyssey for science.

 

Kindergarten

My baby is 5.  He just barely turned 5 so we are taking a very easy Kindergarten year. 

Calendar Board Daily.  I am making this with mostly printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

I will read often to him.

We will do science and history in topic format.  We choose something and read about it and do projects to go along with it.

We will do some math games.

If he seems ready and interested, I have Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons, Hooked on Phonics and All About Reading and the Explode the Code workbooks.   I am unsure which one will appeal to him most and will use it when he seems ready.

He may take a Learning is fun course and/or a music course through our co-op. 

I am cutting out art curriculum entirely this year and we will just do projects out of our The Usborne Complete Book of Art Ideas.


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...