Saturday, January 21, 2012

Eating Healthier

One of my January Goals included eating healthier snacks.

I have purchased my produce from Bountiful Baskets for about 2 1/2 years now.  It wasn’t as popular when I started as it is now.  I knew it would catch on.  It is amazing.  The produce is fresher, the amount you get for just $16.50 (baskets are $15 each with $1.50 processing fee).  The way is brings a community together to volunteer to put the baskets together. 

I have been making more of an effort to offer the fruits and vegetables as snacks instead of just sides to meals. 

Here is an example of what I got this week. 

P1010040

1 bunch Broccoli

1 huge bunch Cauliflower

1 bag Brussels Sprouts

4 ears corn on the cob

1 bunch lettuce

5 big tomatoes

10 Fuji Apples

4 large Oranges

7 Kiwis

2 Pomegranates

8 Bosc Pears

9 Bananas

Whenever I bring my produce home I check out this website as to how and store it so it lasts the longest. 

While some of the veggies I will be using for sides.  All the fruit can be snacks, as well as the broccoli and cauliflower.  We can dip them in Ranch dressing.

I am just so impressed with my basket this week.  I don’t get to choose what is in it, that just adds to the fun.  And my children are more willing to try new foods knowing it is a surprise what we get.

I highly recommend Bountiful Baskets.  If they are not in your area yet, I think it is only a matter of time.  They are growing like mad!!! 

Check out their FAQ page here, to see why we don’t get to choose what is in our baskets, and also why not every sites baskets are the same.

Don’t forget to follow me!!  I have some great ideas coming up!!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...