Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Zeezok~ Teaching History through movies

 

Having past experience with Zeezok publishing and their Z Guides, I was ecstatic to be chosen to review another one. 

I chose Kit Kittredge this time.  Emily’s history focus this year has been American History, and I thought that now would be a great time to teach them what the Great Depression was all about.  

Now, I would like to say that I have been extremely busy lately.  The holidays, and we had a funeral, as well as traveling, (we don’t live close to any family).  It was so nice to be able to continue our history, while I was so busy packing and doing laundry and packing and doing laundry. 


This Z guide really had no teacher prep work, none, nada, zilch.  It was perfect. 

 

Ok, Ok, what is a Z-Guide you ask? 

It is a resource that helps you to dig deeper into a movie to learn more about the topic. 

The 10 activities in the Kit Kittredge one range from movie review questions, vocabulary for the times, and researching the Great Depression, to a Depression style fashion show, and an acting game. 

There is also a For Family Discussion section.

Of course the answer key is available in the guide as well. 

Z Guides are really great:

  • to switch up the teaching style
  • if you are extra busy for a week, and want something super teacher friendly
  • to reinforce a time period you have already taught.
  • for a fun, educational family night
  • you can get laundry done while watching the movie Winking smile

At a Glance:

Company:
Zeezok Publishing

Product: Z Guide to the movies, Kit Kittredge
Cost: $12.99 for the guide only, you will need access to the movie, which they also sell, or you can get it from you own source.

Age Range: They have guides for many movies, from Elementary all the way up to High School.  Kit Kittridge is a movie for Elementary through Middle School age. 

Do I recommend it?  ABSOLUTLEY!!

I already knew how great their Z Guide for the movie Johnny Tremain is. I reviewed that last year. Check out that review here.

To see what others though of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to write my review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...