Friday, January 20, 2012

We Choose Virtues

We Choose Virtues was created by a mother that asked herself how can my children succeed in life without the skills that come from good character?   She knows how important character training is.  She has created a curriculum that instill amazing character traits in children (and adults too) in just 10 minutes a day.

There are 12 Virtues in the Early Childhood through Elementary set.  They are…I am Diligent, I am Kind, I am Helpful, I am Obedient, I am Forgiving, I am Perseverant, I am Gentle, I am Patient, I am Self-Controlled, I am Content, I am Honest, and I am Attentive.

What I received was the Virtue Clue Cards

as well as the Teacher’s Handbook, Kids of Virtueville Coloring Book, Kids Memory Verses, Bible Heroes and Truths as well as the Family Character Assessment.

 

 

The way I used these items is first I read through the Teacher’s Handbook.  Which gave me some insight on many of the products We Choose Virtues products as well as how they can be used. 

Next I decided to have a separate meeting with each of my children over the Family Character Assessment.  I had each child take their own, as well as I gave my input to them.  It was truly amazing to me how honest they were about their faults.  I even took an assessment of my own. 

Now I was able to see what each child (and myself) needed to work on the most. 

We had the coloring book, which was great for the younger two.  It really helped Katey to get to know the Kids of Virtueville.

Now for my favorite part, what I did with the cards, is I simply kept them in my purse.  Whenever I noticed a behavior that they were doing great at or needed a reminder to work on, I pulled out the card for that virtue. 

For example we recently went to a funeral and the kids were getting restless.  I pulled out the reminder card and then I pulled out the patience card.  It worked perfectly.

P1010034

At the grocery store, same thing. One child was wanting, I pulled out the first card as well as the Content card.  P1010033

I never even had to say anything to anyone.  They understood as soon as they saw the cards. 

Here is the back of those two cards.  It helps you to learn the names of the kids as well as an enthusiastic statement.

P1010035

We Choose Virtues offers a multitude of products from individually to kits.  Their homeschool kit is $99.99.  They also offer community school classroom kits.

The Virtue clue cards (which I received) are on sale for $5.99.  You can also get the Family Character Assessment and Kids Memory Verses, Bible Heroes and Truths for FREE while you are there. 

The coloring book is available as a download for just $3.00

The Teacher’s Handbook is $4.99 for the download.

To see what others though of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to write my review.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...