Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Goals Check in

Back at the end of December I wrote about my January Goals.

Here is how things have been going with that.

  • Eat out less

     This  one was truly hard at the beginning of January.  I kid you not on January 2nd.  I made Ham and Scalloped potatoes for dinner.  Somewhere, something went terribly wrong. The dinner was a disaster.  I said fine and we went and picked something up.  I could have cried that day.

My husband and I did go out on one date out to eat also.

And one other time I just did not have my act together with dinner, so we ended up eating out then too. 


This may seem like a lot.  I mean 3 times a month,  and I am ashamed to admit that it is a huge cutback for us.  I have seen my grocery bill increase substantially!!  However, we are spending less than we were when we were going out to eat more often.  I also feel like we are all eating healthier and enjoying dinner time. 

 

As far as laundry goes,  I have not done the one batch a day like I was supposed to.  However my laundry has stayed pretty well caught up.  I have been doing about 4 loads on Tuesdays, and 4 more on Wednesdays. Then we do a family fold clothes sometime on Wednesday.  Tommy has been doing his and Tyler’s laundry once a week, 2 batches and that has helped out immensely. 

So while it may not seem like I met my goals, I feel really good GREAT about them. 

 

Time for new goals. 

Feb goals will be:

Have a planned grocery day each week.  I am hoping for Wednesdays.  I am also planning on having that day be the errand day.  Any other errands that need to be ran that day, dry cleaner, library, gift shop, etc. 

 

To workout 5 days a week.  I have already started doing that.  I am on my second week actually now of Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack.   I have been getting up earlier than the kids and working out.  It keeps me from sleeping in and I feel really great about it. 

 

 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...