Friday, May 18, 2012

Library and Educational Services. GO SCIENCE!

My kids love science experiments and there are times when I don’t have all the right equipment, or want to make a mess, sometimes, (if you can believe it or not) I don’t always have the know how. 

Go Science took care of that.  These DVD’s for ages 6-14 are taught by an excited science teacher, Ben Roy, to a group of kids.  These were filmed for a Christian Television show, and are now available through Library and Educational Services.

Go Science DVD’s are full of neat experiments that always end with a great Godly reminder.

The older kids thought that it was to “young” for them, I felt like the experiments were right at their level.  There were experiments on volume (Emily is learning that in math), and I really loved the play on words, it even made me laugh.  Such as the Root Beer Float experiment.  Where he actually makes a Root Beer float (as opposed to sink).

The 2 DVD’s I received for review are Volume 3; Magnetism, Electricity, Engineering and Design and Volume 4; Chemistry, States of Matter, and Life Sciences. 

Volume 3 has 14 experiments and is about 55 minutes long.  Volume 4 has 11 experiments and is about 45 minutes long.  We would sit down and watch 2 or 3 experiments at a time.  That way we were more able to absorb what we were being taught, versus watching the entire video all at once. 

Some of the experiments could easily be recreated at  home while others require much more complex equipment.

Each Go Science DVD is wholesale priced at $8.97. 

 

To see what others though of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

Disclosure: As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to share my honest opinion. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...