Thursday, December 5, 2013

November Recap- Better late than never!

 

So much happened in November that I wasn’t able to do weekly wrap up posts so I decided to do a monthly wrap up.

November began with nice weather.

One day while driving around I spotted this little library.

IMG_2518

How cool!

I had two freezer meal swaps for November. For one I made Lasagna and one I made Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. IMG_2547 These freezer meal swaps are lifesavers for me.  These meals will help me get through the months of November and December and still having dinner on the table.

Katey was in a cute little Thanksgiving play.  My friend and I sewed the costumes. The local newspaper even came and did a story on it!

IMG_2554

Katey has always been a bug lover.  She is my little entomologist.  It was in November that she was first introduced to a live in person tarantula. IMG_2561She began begging for one for Christmas ever since.

I got an amazing deal on Onions, this 25lb bag was $4.99.  IMG_2576I wasn’t using them as fast I had hoped.  I decided to make and can homemade French Onion Soup.  It was my first time ever making it, and my first time ever using a pressure canner. I borrowed one from our local 4H office to use.  They sure were helpful in teaching me how to use it.  It wasn’t as hard or scary as I thought it would be.

Katey got her first pedicure! IMG_2603

She was in heaven!

Tommy and I had a blast on this really fun rope swing at a neighbors house.

IMG_2616IMG_2623IMG_2635

Of course while I was in the city I went to a college football game!  Here is my Sister in law and I.

IMG_2645

I went once a month grocery shopping for my first time.  I put a lot of planning into it and it will be it’s own post.  Watch for it! It’s a doosey!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...