Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Balance

 

life is a matter of balance

 

I’ve been having a hard time in my life in recent months.  I knew something had to change.  I just wasn’t sure exactly what it was.  I have a lot on my plate. 

I am juggling more than I could ever imagine.  I have thought long and hard about the upcoming year and the word I was going to choose for it.  One day, just like that, it hit me.  Smack in the head, literally.  It’s a good thing too, since that’s probably the only way I would have even seen it. 

My word for 2014 is Balance.

how-to-find-a-life-balance.WidePlayer

Some things I have already done to help jump start this new “Year of Balance” are:

  • I revamped my planners and made the whole planning process simpler.
  • I cut back my hours at work.  I was just gone too much
  • My husband and I took a budgeting course that will hopefully help our budget balance better.  The substantial loss of income has hit us and we are looking to clear that up!
  • I am limiting myself and my family in the things we say “yes” to.
  • I made some screen time tokens for my children to help them balance their free time and the use of electronics.
  • I have been aiming for more balanced meals.
  • I joined a 1000 mile club at work to help balance a healthy lifestyle.

This is a whole work in progress and I realize that, so I don’t expect to be balanced just yet.

I am ready! 

Bring on the balance.

Thought-For-The-Day-Balance-is-the-key-to-success-in-all-things.-Do-not-neglect-your-mind..-

Follow along my Life is About Balance Pinterest Board for 2014 to find many ideas and inspiration to gain balance in your life.

What are ways you find balance in your life?  Talk about it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...