Saturday, February 13, 2010

Home schooling one dollar at a time.

I got this great book at Target in the dollar section. It show the USA in sections and then you open the flap and it has the name of the state, the capital, the postal abbreviation and the date of statehood. My kids love to memorize the state and play quiz games with the information. So this book will serve as a great study guide for them. I brought it home and showed it to them, put it on the bookshelf, and they immediately started using it. That is well worth my dollar.




On my day of errands I also went to the dollar store and found these 3 great items. Alphabet window clings. I have 2 big picture windows so these will be great fun for my pre-k. The other 2 things are foam puzzles. One alphabet and one numbers. Both of these will be great for proper sequencing practice on her own. I am really excited about all of my finds today.

I do have a very tight budget, and when I wanted to begin homeschooling, I didn't think I could afford it. I save up to buy curriculum and I have to buy it one at a time. I have my family share curriculum where possible. I believe that if it's what you are meant to do with your family, He will provide a way. And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...