Saturday, April 10, 2010

I can't believe I am going to post this.......

I just decided that I AM gonna do this. I am going to take the challenge. I need a change and I need it quick. I really wanted to join the declutter challenge over at Money Saving Mom, but I felt as if I couldn't. I felt how could I even declutter when my house wasn't even picked up. My house was not always like this, nor is it like this on a daily basis. But I am finding it like this more and more. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love homeschooling. I just feel as if I can't keep up.

BEFORE

Well one day I just decided that it was time. It was time for a change! I need to get this place in shape so we can learn. It is so hard to teach about making Egyptian Sailboats when you have to search your entire house for a stapler. So I am going to do it. I am going to post this on my blog so I feel I am held accountable. So instead of just sitting in my chair holding my precious baby, I got up off my butt and cleaned my little heart out. I cleaned and organized for 2 hours straight! It may not look like much difference in these after pictures but it feels like an amazing difference for us. I even organized things in those baskets on the bookshelves and in the TV cabinets. I put the Lego's and the "tote o Little People" back where they belong. I just feel so good about all this.

AFTER (we still had some stuff out, but man it feels better)


Bathroom Storage Drawers

BEFORE

AFTER

Just this cleaning out has made a huge difference in our mornings. I know right where everything is at. I got rid of so much that was just in the way.

I feel like my lack of pick up and organization was and is still is detrimental to our homeschool. I am feeling guilty about not recognizing this sooner. But I am feeling hopeful that I will be making this change for good.

Over this weekend we cleaned the entire house as a family. We got it all done, top to bottom in just a few hours with all of us working. Ever since then I have continued to keep up on dishes and laundry (both of which are weaknesses for me). Also I have had a quick bed time pick up that everyone is involved in. I am going to incorporate these checkpoints into our day one before lunch, one about 4:00pm and one just before bed. Along with this I will be assigning certain additional duties to each child based on ability.

Tomorrow and throughout this next week I will be working on clearing out and cleaning out a closet specifically for school supplies such as art, binders and misc. In addition to keeping up on what I have already done. Stay tuned for that!











1 comment:

Kamee said...

Yeah for you! What a feeling of accomplishment. My house was always a disaster while I was pregnant because I was so sick but after that days long project of putting it back together, Ahhh....

What waterfall is over by you guys?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...