Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Katey knows the Alphabet song!



I am so proud of her!


I had no idea, how to teach the alphabet song.  I looked and their were tons of ideas about teaching the individual letters and sounds, but not much on the alphabet song. 

So how did I do it?  I just sang it to her every time I though about it.  Soon she began singing some of the letters with me.  Then she began to sing the entire song with me, and just the other day, I had her sing the song to me.

 By the way, please excuse the swimsuit, we were heading out to the pool.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Homeschool Hop! :) Loved watching Katey sing the alphabet. So cute! I'm a workbox user too. We're starting our 11th yr. of homeschooling and this will be our 2nd yr. with workboxes. What a difference it's made for us.

Would love it if you'd come visit and follow me back too. :)
Lisa xoxo
http://RaisingFutureLeaders.blogspot.com

Penny said...

Adorable!

You're a wonderful guide for her, and she is a super apprentice. In our autism remediation, we're trying to re-establish that guide/apprentice (parent/child) relationship so that my daughter learns that way, picking up information when mom sings it, for example.

What a beautiful clip and description - thanks for letting me enjoy it with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...