Monday, December 19, 2011

Cleaning out the fridge for dinner.

 

 

Every time I throw away food I just feel like I am throwing away cash.  It hurts! 

I was recently headed out of town for a few days and had a fridge full of vegetables.  Thanks Bountiful Baskets!  I knew that many of them would go bad before I would be back.  I decided to make famous Clean Out The Fridge Soup! 

Clean out the fridge soup

Ingredients:

Any combination of the following:

105_0422

  • meatballs
  • leftover chicken, cubed
  • leftover ground beef
  • any kind of leftover meat
  • no meat at all

  • peppers
  • onions
  • celery
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • tomato

  • chicken broth
  • beef broth
  • canned soups, i.e. cream of ?, french onion, fiesta cheese, broccoli cheese, tomato etc.
  • canned tomatoes

Sauté whatever veggies you want cooked. Then add your pre cooked meat and liquid. 

105_0423

Whaaa La! You have created a meal, hopefully it tastes good Winking smile.

105_0425

You can do this also as a pasta dish.  Just add cooked pasta to the cooked veggies and meat.

How about a stir fry.  Add some cooked rice to the veggies and meat. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...