Sunday, December 11, 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal

In my life this week…  I am beginning to feel stressed about not being where I would like to be as far as Christmas shopping goes.  Honestly I haven’t had the time, and I have to do most of it online.  There are not a lot of stores where I live. 
In our homeschool this week…  All the kids are moving along quite well.  We took a few days off to do our Gingerbread houses, and we are right on track to take a long Christmas Break.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  Relax and enjoy this time.  If you are stressing, then change something.  Whenever I begin to stress I think about Unschoolers and how they are still learning even without a formal curriculum.
I am inspired by…  Tristan over at Our Busy Homeschool.  She has another blog Mason’s Spina Bifida Journal  and it always inspires me how positive she is.
My favorite thing this week was…
What’s working/not working for us… Doing ever subject every day is not working.  When we get back to schooling in January we will change to more of a block schedule.  Example:  History on Monday, Science on Tuesday, Math on Wednesday and Thursday, etc.  
Things I’m working on…  I am looking for some more things to sew over our break.
I’m reading… A Homemade Christmas by Alma J. Yates.
I’m cooking… some bundt cakes as gifts as well as some candy.  I really hope to make Peanut Butter Balls next week.
I’m grateful for… My marriage and my family.
I’m praying for… Marriages everywhere!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
100_0325
This is linked up to The Homeschool Mothers Journal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad, I am also not where I should be on my Christmas shopping, whats bad is my extended family is getting together next weekend for our gift exchanging :-/
I havn't even gotten my tree up yet either ((blush))...
I am planning thou to get my booty in gear this week and get all my shopping and decorating done.
Wishing us both some Good Luck! ;) LOL

Keri- A homeschooling mom of 2 who is happy to cook, clean, and even do windows... just don't ask me to be my kids'creative writing tutor

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...