Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Fractazmic~ FRACTIONS CAN BE FUN

What is the best way to make something dreadful fun? Turn it into a game right!

I See Cards is a company that does just that.  They turn math into a game. 

They have sent me their fractions game to review. 

Fractazmic  is a card game that helps cement in the concepts of adding fractions.  For only $6.95 per deck you can’t go wrong. 

The concept can be simple or complicated.  There is an array of games you can play. 

I thought of a few others too. 

  • Fractazmic War
  • Fractazmic Go Fish (for very beginners, just have them find exact matches, as you get more advanced they could find equivalents.)

Fractazmic is suggested for ages 1st-8th grade.  However my first grader was only able to play the Go Fish game I made up with it.  My 7th grader and I love playing it Rummy Style

Here is my hand.  See, I have 1 whole with the greens, and another whole with the blues and 1/2 green.  I won that one!!  Here is our discard and draw piles also. 

105_0401105_0400

He has won me also. 

105_0399105_0397

We have come to the conclusion after playing this game that:

Look how cute the cards are.  There are pictures that help you to convert the fractions to like denominators. 

I would have to say that fractions and converting them to have like denominators should probably be taught first.  This is a wonderful tool to make studying converting fractions fun, and get a lot of practice in too. 

You can try this game for free right now.  Go here to play the online version.  YOU CAN EVEN WIN A FREE DECK! 

We have been able enjoy the I See Cards products before.  Check out my review of Pyramath here.  They also have other games.  Go, Go, Go check them out!!

I See Cards has a Facebook page.  Like them to stay in the now with all the great math games they have. 

 

To see what others though of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to write my review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...