Friday, December 9, 2011

Winnie The Pooh chapter book and activities.




Recently Katey and I have been reading Winnie The Pooh By A. A. Milne.  It has taken us a few weeks to finish it, but that’s okay.  We fit lots of fun in their too. 
P1040077
Chapter 1; She got a blue balloon to reenact the chapter with.
P1040158P1040159
Chapter 2; We had a tea party lunch like Piglet and Pooh.  We even had Cinnamon rolls. 

P1040190
Chapter 3;  She drew a picture in Paint of what she thinks a Woozle looks like.

Chapter 4; She played Pin The Tail On Eeyore
P1040233

Chapter 5; We made a Heffalump trap. 

 P1040235
Chapter 6; We had a birthday party for Eeyore with cupcakes.
P1040272

Chapter 7; We played a pocket game.  We just used a bag and she had to guess what was in “my pocket” by feeling.


Chapter 8; We went on a walk to the end of the street, which we declared the North Pole. 


Chapter 9;  She got to take a bath and play in the tub.  (I usually make everyone shower.)  We were going to go swimming but Tommy had been sick. 


Chapter 10;  We had a bear party.  (Just some bear snacks for the day). I put some pencils in a pencil box to present to her. 

P1040347

Here she is being silly with a gummy bear in her mouth.







I really recommend this chapter book.  It kept her interested.  I also enjoyed how easy it was to put quick things together do reinforce what we read about. 

This is linked to

Weekly Wrap up
What My Child Is Reading 
Read Explore Learn




T.G.I.F. Linky Party
Book Sharing Monday on Monday




9 comments:

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Super cute! We LOVE Winnie the Pooh in our house =-) I love you blog header ~ so cute! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I look forward to seeing you again soon =-)
Beth

Jackie Higgins said...

I love these ideas! What a great way to get a younger kid engaged in a chapter book. The connections that she made with the activities probably really made it stick so reading a story over a long period of time worked! We'll have to try this. I'm sharing this on my FB page (www.facebook.com/ready.set.read)

Stefanie said...

How fun!! Love the wozzle trap. lol

Unknown said...

What wonderful activities you did to explore this book! I love them.

Unknown said...

What wonderful activities you did to explore this book! I love them.

Erika@RaisingLeafs said...

How fun! I love teaching like this! :) It looks like she really enjoyed it.

Heather said...

Some of the simplest things ARE best! Looks like she had a blast (I'm partial to week 6 myself:) Great ideas

Unknown said...

What great fun!! I need to do this with Miss Paya!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We love Winnie the Pooh, and I liked how you extended the book with activities. Thanks for joining WMCIR!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...