Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal & Week In Review



The Homeschool Mother's Journal 
weekly wrap-up


In my life this week… We have enjoyed quite a few activities.
Sunday~ We went to Church. Tommy was set apart as the Deacons Quorum Secretary. Emily had New Beginnings (in our church for girls turning 12).
Monday~ Tommy had Karate
Tuesday~ Katey had swimming lessons. Emily went to the movies (The Lorax) with her friend.
P1010419
Wednesday~ Tommy had Karate. Katey had a play date.   Emily had a babysitting job and I had a church party.
Thursday~ Emily had her Be The Best You class. Katey had her swimming lessons. We went swimming as a family right after that.  It was also my Father in Law’s birthday.  We made pictures and did a photo shoot.  I send these pictures ' target=_blank>right to his frame via email. 
 P1010435
Friday~ We were going to a municipal hearing, it is something that Tommy needs to do for a merit badge.  It began at 11am.  We got to city hall just in time only to be told that is not where it was.  So then we head off to the courthouse, which is where city hall told me to go.  We get to the courthouse at 11:05. (Small town) I am thinking I hope they let us in late.  The courthouse says it is not there it is over at the County Commissioners building.  We drive over there.  Find the office and we are told it is not there.  It is now 11:15.  So we gave up on that.  We are going to attend a County Commissioners meeting on Monday morning.    Katey and Emily went to 4H. (It was a craft, so Tommy didn’t want to go.) Katey went on another play date. Paul, Emily and I cleaned out our car. We had a family movie night on Friday.
Saturday~ Tommy had a scout Pow Wow in the morning. I had to pick up my Bountiful Basket and Tommy and Emily went swimming again. Paul and I cleaned out the garage.
Whew, It was a lot and I felt like I was driving everywhere.
In our homeschool this week… With all the social and other activities we had going on. We didn’t fit in our usual full school schedule. We did do our read aloud (The Cay) and math everyday.
 P1010417
Emily did finish up her Magnet and Electricity science unit.  Look for a post on that this week.  P1010430
Katey learned the difference between reptiles and amphibians, including their eggs.
Katey has been reading a Little Bear book to me each day also. 
We also played some file folder games.
 P1010424
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Slow school weeks like this are okay. It felt really good to have the change of pace and I know that we are ready to go back full steam ahead next week.
I am inspired by… Other bloggers.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… See above. Surprised smile
My favorite thing this week was… Having French Toast and Bacon for dinner on Saturday night. I know that sounds like I am so easy to please. Actually I am. It was just a quick easy cheap meal. On top of that, I had been craving all week.
What’s working/not working for us… Really I think that my 7th graders math isn’t working. I think it is above his level and that he tries to rush through it. I am looking into Life of Fred Pre Algebra, so I can start him back a level and fill in any gaps. We used Life of Fred before and it worked well with him.
Questions/thoughts I have… I am starting to show some “teenage attitude” signs with my older two. YIKES!!!
Things I’m working on… I am still working on putting myself out there more.
I’m grateful for… Bountiful Baskets. My children ask for less sugary snacks and go to the fruit they offer. I love it.
I’m praying for… My Grandmother in Law.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not.

~Dr. Suess, The Lorax

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...