Thursday, May 20, 2010

Looking at the bright side.

I am really trying to teach my kids to look at the bright side of things and be more positive about what we have and just in general. I notice with my children, they think more, more, more. I want them to be content. One of my favorite sayings is; The more you have the more you have to clean up. I do find this true. The more toys they have, the more toys they have to move to be able to play with the ones they actually play with. I have been reminding them of this about a year now, and I have been limiting what I buy them and what I let them do. Now don't get me wrong, I am not denying them anything they need. I am not even taking all of it away, we still do and get plenty, just less than we were. (does all of that even make sense). I have noticed of them more and more recently that they are actually appreciating what they have and they are showing me appreciation. They are being grateful children. (we still have days when they forget and want want want, but they are fewer and farther apart.)

Yesterday when we were leaving in a rain storm to take the kids ice skating, my husband said, "check it out honey" I looked up and saw this:


I just had to get out of the car and get a better picture, one without power lines.

I don't know how well you can see it, (it's a rainbow). It was just beautiful, and we were so close to it. Storms are always coming over those mountains, I mean always! I am grateful for the stormy weather and grateful for rainbows. They just seem so magical!

This just helps me to remember I am glad I live so dang close to the mountains!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am a new follower, found you on the Facebook This old schoolhouse page! PLease follow me back!!
http://5lilchicks-jennifer.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...