Friday, November 25, 2011

Grateful for the food bank.

 

Last week, the kids and I went to the food bank to make a donation.  We took a small tour while we were there. 

P1040279

I was amazed at how many families they feed each month. 

While I don’t use the food bank personally I am grateful it is there for those in need. 

While we were there some Veterans came and made a large donation. 

P1040280

I asked them how they collected it all and they simply said they just went to the store and purchased it.  HOW NICE!!  I am grateful for those that volunteer and donate! 

 

1 comment:

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

We have worked unloading trucks at the Food Bank in two towns for several years. It amazes me how full we stock it- and then how empty it gets - from week to week. Maybe as them about one item, like Salt, that they might need, and have the kids donate that one item each month.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...