Thursday, March 14, 2013

{playing catch up}

 

 

Sometimes I feel like I am playing catch up all the time.  I often wonder if I can get ahead.  From laundry (hmmm, I don’t know how you would actually get ahead on laundry), to housework, to schoolwork, to blogging, to family time, to sleep, oh beautiful sleep, and more. 

I have had so much going on these past few weeks.  There was actually a time when I wondered how.  How would I do it all?  How would I get through this?  How would I be sure to give my family the attention they deserve and show my appreciation for them when I was so stressed out about the events going on in my life. 

Here is how I handled it.

My house got a little messy, and well, it stayed that way.  I still don’t have it as clean as I like to keep it, but we are working –slowly, very slowly- at getting it back there.

I taught my 8 year old how to do laundry and told her this was her special job.  I really laid it on thick about how neat it was that she could do laundry and about how much I appreciated her helping me with the special task. P3021325

I make the kids do quick cleans.  I am going to have to blog about those one day.  They are amazing.  If I am not home I even text them at times to say do a quick clean.  They know exactly what to do.

I have the kids do the schoolwork they can do on their own whenever. If there schoolwork requires me, or it is a group activity I have asked my husband to help me out when he can, or we just wait and do it when I can.

I did some blogging in bulk a while back,  where I just sit and write a few blog posts at a time and schedule them out.  Recently, I have just been neglecting my blog. 

For the sleeping,  well I am just behind in that area as I have had to stay up late some nights and get up early in the mornings.  Let’s just say I should have bought stock in 5 Hour Energy.

P3031328

A few of the things that have kept me so busy is that I have picked up a few hours at work.  Not much more, but more.  My husband was going through a somewhat complicated job change.  He has started his new job now and things are working out.  It is just the paperwork and insurance mess.  Also there is a ton of traveling when you work in the oilfield.  Two of my children had birthdays in Feb.  We had company come twice.  My son’s foot injury has required some follow up with a podiatrist.  All is fine with it now.  I did find out the bone was broken also.  Oh, and we have been looking at moving.

P3031332

I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 

We have our life back to where I can either cut way back at work, and possibly quit all together.  Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but home is where I need to be right now.  I actually got a job to get us through the transition of my husband switching jobs.

My kids have learned a lot of home management and life skills throughout this process.  But boy, am I glad it is almost over. 

Now I just hope I didn’t jinx myself. 

Oh, oh, oh,  and here is a picture of a little ice fishing cake I made for Tommy’s birthday that had real fish in it.  I used a Bundt cake pan and cut a Styrofoam cup down to fit, added the fish and Saran wrapped the entire cup, then put it in the middle of the cake.  I forgot to pick up the fishing guys, so I just made do. 

P3031334

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...