Thursday, August 30, 2012

Uncover Exciting History

 

Uncover Exciting History: Revealing America’s Christian Heritage in short, easy to read nuggets is a book that truly lives up to it’s name. 

This is an e-book that I put on my Kindle and then used as a read aloud to all my kids at night. 

This book is an American history book written in chronological order, beginning with the voyage of Christopher Columbus and ending with The Navajo Code Talkers of WWII. 

Each chapter is fairly short (the nuggets) and gives a brief overview of an event/ time period in history. 

Each chapter is also written in a way that makes you want to learn more about what you read. The book even provides opportunity for that, at the end of each chapter.  There are discussion questions and/or simple things to do, such as look at a place on a map, etc. 

While the kids never begged me to read another chapter each night (they were more interested in researching more about what we had just read), we all have really been enjoying this book. 

We have absolutely loved learning history like this.

This book could also be used as a reader for a middle school age child and up.  However, as I mentioned above, I did use it as a read aloud with all my children.  You could go through this book quickly and use it as an overview or you could go more slowly and use each chapter as a jumping off point for each time period, studying more in depth. 

This book written by Amy Puetz at Golden Prairie Press comes in 3 more formats:

Paperback $28.95

E-book (which I received) $14.95

Audio book $25.00

Golden Prairie Press offers many great history resources.  The Schoolhouse Crew reviewed a variety of them.

To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

Photobucket


Disclosure: As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to share my honest opinion. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...