Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Leadership Garden {A review that changed my life}


I was recently sent a kit from The Leadership Garden

Included in my kit was:
P7041625
Check below for a discount code good for my readers!

What is The Leadership Garden?
Leadership Garden empowers young people and old six leader-friendly gardening practices.
  • Be nonjudgemental
  • Do not enable
  • Use empathy
  • Prune gossip
  • Eliminate blame
  • Eradicate victimization
These six practices are the core of The Leadership Garden Legacy.  Imagine a world where people like this are the norm! How great would that be?
The acronym U.N.I.Q.U.E. is used often. 

Understanding

Nurturing

Inventive

Quality

Unstoppable

Expression


U.N.I.Q.U.E. KIDS Growing My Leadership Garden

This book is written for 8-12 year olds.  A lost sheep named Hugh meets a gardener named Leda.  Leda shows him how to “plant a courageous seed”.  Annabelle is a Border Collie that takes him on tour around the farm where Hugh meets other animals that help him plant other leadership seeds along the way.  Hugh uses experiences from his past to help him change into the leader and sheep (person) he wants to be.  At the end of each chapter are “Hugh wants to know”.  This is where Hugh asks you [the reader] questions about your experiences and thoughts. 
P7041627
U.N.I.Q.U.E. Growing the Leader Within
unique-adult

This book is written toward adults and is somewhat similar to the kids book about as using Hugh, the sheep, and other animals along with the gardener to go through all of the different parts of the garden.  This book uses the authors real life (sometimes traumatizing) experiences.  You still apply the things to your own life and there are questions and activities to for you to personalize and act upon.  These build upon one another. 


P7041628
The Leadership Garden Guidebook

This book is more of an activity workbook to go along with both of the above books.  It is written so that it can be used interchangeably with both the books above.   There are still tidbits of information and writings in this book along with the worksheets.  P7041634P7041630




The U.N.I.Q.U.E. Kids Activity Guide and Leadership Garden Journal


This PDF book was full of activities that will hit home for the younger ones.  It relates the message of how to reach your full potential in a fun kid friendly way.  Some of the fun activities are taking a Brain Field Trip, a You Presentation and more. 


What I thought and how it has already changed and is changing my life!

For me and us this came at the perfect time.  I was at a slump in my life.  Don’t get me wrong I am happy.  It is more of a slump within myself.  I wanted to be proud of who I am, what type of mom, friend, wife, teacher, etc. that I am.  Using these materials has showed me just who is in charge of that. I am!  I make me who I am.  I cannot let anyone else decide who I am.  I choose how I act and how I react.  I am in control.  That has been so empowering for me.

I have been doing this right along side my children.  I have been reading the adult book and they have been reading the kids book. We have all been doing the activities out of the adult guide book.  We I do not make them share their experiences or feelings unless they choose to.  I do glance at their writings, more of a journal throughout this process, to be sure they are participating.  I think that them knowing that I am not going to be reading what they write they are able to be more open and honest.  They are teenagers after all. 
P7031623
We decided to make this simple quote poster.  We are just jotting down quotes throughout these books and this process that stick out to us.  Everyone is allowed to add quotes to the board.  This was it when we first started it.  

It is so empowering to know that we are using these tools to better ourselves.  It is nice for us all to know we are all on our own journey, together.

Here is the discount I told you about earlier!
Leadership Garden Legacy is offering the TOS Community a “Spring Special Discount” of 20% on all their Empowerment Tools. This is in addition to their already discounted Tool Kit bundles.
To receive your discount, enter the discount code: TOS-SS20D upon checkout. This code will expire on May 31, 2013.


To see what others think of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.
Photobucket
 
 









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...