Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Homeschool Mothers Journal ~ Turkey Hunt Edition

  • In my life this week… We have been gearing up for the opening of the Turkey Hunt. My son drew out on an early season tag.  We spent the first part of the week schooling packing and getting our trailer ready to go camping.  Tommy and I had to fix a broken water pump.  After research and trying a few things we figured out it was just a blown fuse.  We were able to fix it quickly. The second half we went up camping.  It was cold the entire time.  The first night we just chose a quick spot and set up for the night.  BIG MISTAKE!!  Since our trailer wasn’t level our furnace didn’t work properly.  BRRR.  It was cold all night.  It was opening morning and as soon as the boys got back from hunting we decided to move the trailer to a better camp site, one where we could level the trailer.  We moved and had a great rest of the day.  The boys were back and forth between camp and some hunting spots.  It was so cold and windy that we decided to head home that night after dinner.  No turkey yet.  They are blaming it on the weather.  Yea, that’s it, the weather.

 P6241563

  • In our homeschool this week… We have been really slacking in our formal schoolwork.  We are sure to fit in the reading, and math each day.  We were lucky if we were able to get much more done than that.  I figure a little easy week is good for us sometimes.  We are getting back at it full swing slowly this week. We did get a few Physics Quest lessons in. 

P6241565

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Slow times are okay.  There are times like today that one of my kids goes through 5 math lessons in one day.  Other days we are lucky to get through 1/2 a lesson.  It all ends up working out in the wash.

P7071647 - Copy

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… Camping and Turkey Hunting.

  • My favorite thing this week was… The fact that even though conditions were definitely not perfect, my family and I were able to enjoy the adventure.

  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was… Katey’s favorite thing this week was that she started her Handmaidens of Virtue class.  She has been so excited and patiently waiting for it to start.  She is even keeping track of it on a calendar.  Emily had her first two softball games this week.  A double header.  Her team won both, and Emily played like a champ!

  • Things I’m working on… not getting angry so quickly.  I am also supposed to be working on getting up earlier.  However as I sit here typing this at 1am.  I see the flaws in staying up late. 

  • I’m cooking… Soups and Bread.  We are just in a soup and bread mood around here with all this cold weather.

  • I’m grateful for… shelter and heat!

  • I’m praying for… My father-in-law.  He had hip replacement surgery this week, all went well and he his healing great!  Of course all the people affected by the bombings in Boston and around the world.  Our Soldiers.  The people in West Texas.  My husband as he travels through some pretty rough storms.

  • I rewarded my kids this week by… letting them have an easy week.

 

  • Something I am ogling or have my eye on…

I really want to make this Sopapilla Cheesecake. I had it at a funeral a few months ago and I can’t get it off my mind.

sopapilla cheesecake3 450

 

 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...