Saturday, June 4, 2011

And the cast is…..

OFF!!!!

It couldn’t have happened at a better time.  All the kids have been dying to go swimming.   It was sad because he would walk up to me and say “off, off, off”  He wanted it off so bad.  The cast was also rubbing on the under part of his upper arm.  And IT STUNK!!

 

I remembered my camera, but forgot to put my memory card back in it.  So you get these blurry iPhone photos. 

IMG_0772[1]

The doctor used a saw to cut each side of the cast.

It didn’t even bother Tyler. 

Then he just pulled the cast apart and off of his arm.

 

IMG_0774[1]

We went in for some more x-rays, just to be sure, and yep,  all is healing well.  He gets to leave the cast off, and we go back in 3 weeks for more x-rays. 

 

He looked at it and touched it for a while, then he scratched it until we got home and I gave him a shower (without a plastic bag wrapped around his arm)  then I put lotion on it. 

 

I feel a lot more cautious about the arm than Tyler does.  He is using it like nothing happened.  Sometimes I hear him say ow, so I don’t know if it is the from the break that it hurts or if it is from the muscles not being used for 6 weeks. 

 

Any how we are ALL so glad it is off!

1 comment:

Cristi said...

I'm so happy it healed and the cast can stay off.

The shower idea was smart. Once when Lauren got hers off, I sort of forgot that she hadn't bathed her arm that day and I took all the kids to the pool. Soaking in the baby pool loosened up a lot of the dead skin. Ick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...