Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer is….

Lemonade Stands

IMG_0546[1]

This is the first post in a series of what Summer is to us posts….

 

Every Summer for the past 5 years Emily has done some sort of lemonade stand.  She is usually pretty successful.  She has done anything from Kool-aid to Lemonade to Tang.  Sometimes she offers free or discounted refills.  Once her friend and her did a free cookie with purchase.  Tommy has done a Popsicle Stand with Otter Pops.  Emily’s friend even did a traveling lemonade stand once.  She used a wagon to tote her supplies. 

With Emily always wanting to a lemonade stand at the spur of the moment.  (We are spontaneous like that.)

I decided that I needed to keep all the supplies on hand.  So I created a lemonade stand tote.

P1020312

It has cups, lemonade mix and her money container (for change).  She will need to gather a pitcher to mix it in and the chairs and table along with some ice from the icemaker in a cooler.  But always knowing that we have the cups, lemonade mix and change on hand makes it so she can do it spur of the moment. 

She has made a poster board sign and that stays along the wall in the garage, with the table and two camping chairs.  (she usually does it with a friend or her sister.)

 

There are numerous valuable skills to be learned with working a business like this such as money and customer service, as well as working with others in unfavorable conditions (it sells best on hot days), inventory, and so many more. 

3 comments:

Croppermom said...

My kids have ask several time to do a Lemon Aide stand. I have not as of yet let them. But I had not as of yet thought of it is as educational. Just a way to "earn" money, and a pain for me to supervise. I think we might try it! Where was my creative brain all this time.

Cindy said...

I love it when kids are interested in money making ventures.
Your GFC is down..I'll come back to follow later

from the crew
http://www.for-one-another.blogspot.com/

Annie Moffatt said...

Love this!! I am excited to take a look around your blog!! Great ideas:) Love the workboxes!
Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...