Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Create Better Writers

 

 

I received 3 separate products to review from Create Better Writers.  Each serves a separate purpose, and collectively work together to form a complete writing program from grade 3 and up.

The first one I am going to tell you about is How To Write a Paragraph.

Paragraph writing is essential to writing many things from reports, essays, in-depth stories and more.

I can honestly say that I am not sure I ever learned how to properly construct a paragraph in my high school or even in my college education.

Did you know that teaching a paragraph, or even learning how to write one is not as hard as one might think?  Paragraphs have certain criteria that make them so.  This book shows you how to quickly but effectively teach the five parts of a paragraph.

This e-book sells for $7.99. (It is free with the purchase of The Five Paragraph Essay or The Complete Writing Program)

The Five-Paragraph Essay will be the next book I share about with you.

How To Teach The Five Paragraph Essay is for you if your answer is "yes" to any of the questions below.

  1. Would you like to show your students how to write a strong five-paragraph essay to a timed prompt, and have them complete it in about an hour?
  2. Would you like to show your students a simple format that will help them write essays from any writing domain?
  3. Would you like your students to be able to write exciting introductions and conclusions?
  4. Would you like a detailed lesson plan that will show you, step-by-step, how to teach the five-paragraph essay?

The last question is the one that really stuck out to me.  Since I feel I was never taught proper writing skills.  I felt this is very important for me to have in order to teach my children how to properly write an essay.

By the end of this very well set out and explained course your student will be able to write a five paragraph essay using a simple outline in less than an hour.  WOW! 

This e-book sells for $17.95

Finally I was sent The Home School Writing Action Plan

This book give you all the information you need to teach writing to all your children, from grades 3 through 12.

This book shows you all the steps you need to take in order to teach your student to have a good solid writing foundation.

It also includes a pacing chart for if you start around the 3rd grade, the 6th grade, or around high school level.  The biggest variation in the pacing guides is the amount of time you spend on each step.  For example a 10th grader is more likely to learn the paragraph much quicker than a 3rd grader.

Here is a sample lesson from this book.

This e-book has proven to be just what we needed in our homeschool and sells for $15.95

This entire program has been easy for me to teach as well as easy for my children to learn.  The incorporation of games in this curriculum causes it to fit right in to our learning style here.  I also enjoy how this in multi-level learning, as well as it has a multi-level starting point. 

To see what others thought of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

Photobucket


Disclosure: As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to share my honest opinion. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...