Friday, August 10, 2012

Extra, Extra, Read all about it.

In my life this past week…

{1} I have been potty training.  This is the latest I have ever waited to potty train.  Tyler is 3.  I have usually begun potty training right when they turn 2.  With Tyler I just wasn’t ready.  He is my baby, most likely my last.  I wasn’t ready for that phase to be over.  However, now I am.  He has been so easy to train.  I am so grateful for this. 

{2} Planning for the upcoming school year has been a huge part of my summer.  Huge.  Check out my planning post here.

P1020561

{3} Traveling and good times have been going on P1020535also.  We traveled down to the city for a birthday party and to move a piano.  (Well, to watch a piano moving company move a piano for us, but that’s just a minor detail, right?)  We took a scenic route instead of the normal highway.

We stopped for ice cream at a little store.

P1020543

We were able to visit quite a few family members that we haven’t seen in awhile.

P1020563

We spent some time at the lake with some friends, too.  The kids were able to catch tadpoles and just generally have a ton of fun enjoying nature and catching up with friends.

P1020567P1020569P1020573

{4} My husband and I decided on a new form for communicating “Honey Do” items.  I used to just tell him and he would forget, then I would remind him and he would forget.  Mind you, he works CRAZY hours, as in 100 hours per week, easy.  He works 2 weeks on, one week off.  So we get plenty of time with him on his week off.  Anyway, I am now going to tell him once and then write it down on a list that will hang on the fridge.  When he gets to them, he gets to them.  I still have to figure out some way to prioritize them on the list for him.  I am grateful that we came to this agreement, as it was creating friction for both of us.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Enjoy the good times.  There will be plenty of not-so-good times. 

Things I’m working on…

I am working on really gearing up for finishing our summer strong.  Oh yes, and hunting season is sneaking right up on us. 

I’m reading…

I am pre-reading some of the books my children will read next year.  Currently I am reading A Cricket In Times Square.   Next I will read Little House in the Big Woods.   Our current read-aloud is Uncover Exciting History- review coming soon. 

I’m cooking…

We are grilling garlic burgers – known as The Big Stinky.   You mix an insane amount of garlic in your meat, a few tablespoons for each patty.  Form it into a burger and grill.  Serve on a bun.  Smell like garlic for the next few days. So worth it!

I’m grateful for…

My mother.  She remains strong in the toughest of times. 

I’m praying for…

My brother.  He is going through a very difficult time right now. 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

schizophrenia


This post is linked up to:

Summer-Edition

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...