Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homeschool Mothers Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In my life this week… Well, Softball season has started and I have two girls in softball, so we have two practices a week and two games each week on top of my son’s karate twice a week.  We feel like we are really getting into the swing of Spring.  I was able to go to a workshop taught by Liz, The Food Nanny!  It was great and amazing, check out her website for free menu planning and lots of great ideas.
In our homeschool this week…  I am a little ashamed to admit we are counting down the days until we are taking a break, a real break, at home, not on vacation.  We are looking at a MAJOR revamp of our schooling beginning the middle of June we are going to school 1/2 days in the mornings and be done by 11am, that is our goal anyways.  We are all very excited to leave behind K12 and get back into schooling the way we used to, as a family!
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  Some days kids will drag their feet and you will not get an entire days worth of work done.  Some days kids will surprise and amaze you and get a few days worth of work done in just a few hours. 
Whenever I can sense that my children are not in a settle down and get it done kind of mood, I pull them all over to the table and we work on a quick science experiment or art project/lesson or a worksheet type activity, (color by number, etc).  Once we have been at the table for 15 minutes they are settled down enough and are in a learning mindset.
I am inspired by… My 7 year old, she is a struggling reader, she can read, she is still just figuring out fluency and she tries hard every day during our read aloud time.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… I went and met Liz, The Food Nanny.  That was just so neat.  We are also gearing up for a vacation coming soon. 
My favorite thing this week was…  I had a orthodontist appointment for two of my children this week and while I was gone, Emily got 2 days worth of schoolwork done!!  It was AMAZING.  She did a great job on all of it too.
What’s working/not working for us… K12 is not working for us, but it is too.  What I mean by that is that we are done using K12 curriculum.  However I am glad to have it all planned out for me for the rest of the year while I spend my time planning what is next. 
Questions/thoughts I have… What does YOUR recipe file look like? 
Things I’m working on… I would like to make a jewelry holder. I have quite a bit of costume jewelry and would like to display/store it on a wall in my bathroom.  I am have been scouring the internet for some ideas, and think I am finally settled on one.
I’m reading… I just finished reading The Five Love Languages for Kids (I am also giving away a copy)  I just started reading Praying With the Grain.
I’m cooking… I am actually canning apples this week and over the weekend I plan on making some strawberry jam and canning it. 
I’m grateful for… My family.  I love the way they make me laugh and make me cry and everything in between.
I’m praying for… Every prayer request I see.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
We recently had new family pictures taken and this in one of my favorites!
my fave edited

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your family photo. I love how it implies that no matter what the distraction love will win out:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...