Wednesday, June 4, 2014

P is for Pressing On!


When we fall we just have to get up, brush off and press on. 
Blog Challenge pictures-001

This year my word of the year is Balance!
I’ve been worrying about everyone else so much that I haven’t thought about time for myself, or doing things for me.  After reading my last post you may think, what? You  are doing more than enough for you.  I get it, I am involved in quite a few things. Many of them are just as much for my benefit as they are for my kids.

This has not proven to keep the scales balanced.  Sometimes I do things to make my life easier, like delegating, freezer meal swaps, changing up the schedules and more. 
I still feel like I am not getting enough done in the day.   I have always been a spontaneous flexible type and I love that about me.  Sometimes.
Without a schedule or a plan things get put on the back burner…. forever.  That could mean they are not important enough.  Sometimes they are.  Some examples of important things that I have let go over time that should have been more are important to me are:
  • Budgeting
  • Menu planning
  • Schoolwork
  • Cleaning
  • Quality time with each child
  • Yard work
  • Educating myself
  • Supporting my husband
As I am working on balance this year, I have realized all of these things play a role in what I want vs who I am.
Recently I had a few day of alone time with my husband.  We did some reevaluating and talking about how far we’ve come and how both of us have changed over the 10 years we’ve been married.  We absolutely do love each other very much and we are not having any problems, we just want more spontaneity in our lives, like we used to have.  I realize this year with trying to find balance in everything that there was a time in our lives where we had too much spontaneity, and then the time now where we don’t have enough.

How do you work on being spontaneous?  
To that I have no idea!  We are going to start by making less plans and being prepared for adventures.

Alright, I am going to stop now, since this is turning into a total ramble. 
Until next time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...