Monday, January 4, 2010

Pre School Today

With K's Pre K, I try to have some activities that she can do alone, and some that we do together. Today she had to trace her name with buttons, by herself, and come get me when she was done. It helps her to stay on task and complete projects, along with name and letter recognition, but it also allows me 10 or 15 minutes to spend helping the other kids, or to get something done.


The activity that she chose to do together was to play HiHo Cherry O. We had Tiny T down for a nap and the other 2 were playing another science based game, and we just spent the time together learning the game. It was great fun!



I got the Scotch Laminator for Christmas and I plan on doing many manipulatives from Tot School. It's really just a matter of time.

3 comments:

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

I've never thought to "trace" letters with buttons (or other manipulatives) but I love the idea! Thanks!

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

I gave you The Sunshine Award to thank you for the inspiration behind button-tracing! Thanks!

Mrs. D said...

I have the same laminator. I love it! I get me sheets from Walmart for less than $14.00 for 50 (just FYI). I'll bet a dollar they are available online somewhere for even less. If I ever get time to search and I find them I'll try to remember to let you know. Laminating things from Tot School is almost addicting, lol.

Love, love, love the button idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...