Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cabin Fever Recipe


We have got a full blown case of Cabin Fever running through our house.
So our form of a cure was to make a dutch oven meal!

We made my husbands famous breakfast!
It is asked for at ALL family events we attend.
It is his signature dish, and I love it when he cooks this, because I don't have to cook!

I will share the recipe here, but don't tell him. He thinks he made it up, but I have seen it in some dutch oven cookbooks.


1 bag hashbrowns
1 lb cooked/ crumbled bacon
1 lb sausage cooked/ crumbled
1 onion chopped
1 lb cheese shredded
2 green peppers chopped
1 dozen eggs/ scrambled
1 lb mushrooms/ chopped
salt and pepper to taste

mix it all together in a 12" Dutch Oven.
Bake for 45 min with 15 coals on top and 12 on bottom
(we did 17 on top and 15 on bottom, and baked it for 1 hour, because our temperature was 20 degrees outside)


Lift the lid
and mmm enjoy.

We like to serve ours with country gravy on top.


The leftovers heat up great too, (if there is any). I like mine in a tortilla.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...