Monday, June 4, 2012

Homeschool Mother’s Journal Summer Edition 6/3

In my life this week…   We officially finished school last Friday!  This week has been crazy.  We were out of town over Memorial Weekend and returned home late Sunday night.  Tommy had to put flags out in people’s yards throughout the neighborhood with his scouts on Monday.  Then on Thursday we had some family come to the city, so we drove 4 hours to go visit with them.  We stayed there until tonight (Sunday).  We had such fun with them, but we are so glad to be home! 
In our homeschool this week… Even with all the traveling we still are sticking to our summer school schedule, which I will be blogging about very soon.  I will share the basics here.  Each day at least 20 minutes of reading (child’s choice).  20 minutes of math practice using IXL (review coming soon) or Professor B Math (review also coming soon) and one more subject.  Choice for the most part.  Emily is working on finishing up a Civil War unit in history.  Tommy is working on some writing skills using Copywork for Future Heroes (review coming soon).  Katey’s subject choice has been to join in with Tyler’s Before Five in a Row activities. 

I am inspired by… A single homeschool mom I know.  Who homeschools her 4 children and goes to nursing school full time as well as working part time.  I have no idea when she sleeps.  She is amazing!  I know she has great support and a little help.  But, WOW!!
My favorite thing this week was…  B…..B……B……Boating.  We love watersports.  We went boating on Friday and the weather and water was absolutely perfect!
What’s working/not working for us…  Taking summers easy but not letting the learning stop works for us.  We also have an Amish hour each day.  Where we turn off all electronics and find something else to do.  Most days I don’t even have to kick kids off of electronics, they are usually already doing other things.  But they still know that we have Amish hour each day about 2pm.
Things I’m working on… I have a few goals I am working on for the month of June.  Here they are.
I’m reading… I am in the middle of Mockingjay
  The third book in The Hunger Games series.  After that I have set a goal to reread the entire Harry Potter series before September. 
I’m cooking…  I got an Electric Pressure Cooker for Mother’s Day so I have been practicing using that. I have made rice bowls
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
P1020149
I got some amazing pictures of the moon tonight.  It was purely beautiful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...