Friday, June 8, 2012

Whew! I made it through these past two weeks.

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 

 

In my homeschool life these past two weeks…

We have done quite a bit of outdoor activities.P1020040

We took a scenic route and had a dinner picnic. 

P1020128P1020100

We got in our first boating trip of the season.  I love that my Father-in-law owns a boat. The best thing about our boating trip was all of the neat things we were able to look at with the Discovery Scope (Review coming).  We saw a ladybug and the water we were swimming in.  (Do this after you get out of the lake, EWWW!)  We were able to check out the sand and even some of our lunch.

P1020178

We went on a hike and had a picnic lunch.  The hike was a little harder than I would have normally taken Tyler on to walk.  I usually stick him piggy back style in my Moby. P1020186P1020193

We made it and enjoyed our lunch and played around a while in the shade of the caves and arch.  The hike back out was much easier. 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

It has also been softball tournaments week and will go into next week.  We have been very busy practicing and spending some of our evenings at the softball field for games.

P1020050P1020069

My favorite thing this week was…

Tommy advanced belts in his mixed martial arts.  He worked hard and practiced every day even outside of class.  I am so proud of him.

100_1117

What’s working working for us…

Our summer schedule has been working out nicely.   Emily has been getting in typing each day.  Using Keyboarding for the Christian School.  Tommy has been doing copy each day using Copywork for Future Heroes.   Along with that we have been alternating our math choices each day between IXL and Prof B.  Then each of the kids have choice reading for at least 20 minutes each day.

P1020202

We’re reading… 

Tommy finished The Hunger Games and is now reading My Side of the Mountain.   Emily is reading Catching Fire.  Katey reads any easy reader book she can get her hands on, but only for the amount of time I make her read.  I cannot wait for her to pick up a book on her own and read by choice.  I am reading Mockingjay.   

We’re cooking… Emily has been in a baking mood.  She has made blueberry muffins twice, from a box, but whatever.  I have really been enjoying the Pressure Cooker I got for Mother’s Day.  Tonight I made a vegetarian dinner.  Vegetable Casserole.  Just get any veggies you have and mix with cream of mushroom soup and pressure cook until done, about 10 minutes.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

P1020033

We were washing our truck one day and Tyler got ahold of the hose and squirted it right at Dad.  It was hilarious. 

This post is linked to:

 Homeschool Mother’s Journal

Weekly Wrap Up.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Stopping by from WUH:) Love your photos and your week with all that outside time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...