Pearson Education has been known to create public school curriculum. They are venturing into the world of homeschool curriculum. This mean remaking some of their resources to appeal more to individualized learning.
I am familiar with some of Pearson’s public school materials. Our local elementary uses them with great success.
I received the My World Social Studies (History, to us) 5th grade edition. $69.99
*The heart and soul of myWorld Social Studies is the myStory System. We began with the world’s oldest educational technique—storytelling—and applied the latest educational research to create a ground-breaking approach to Social Studies instruction.
It comes with
- The work/text book
- The Parent/Teacher Resource CD. This CD has proven very easy to navigate. Which is sometimes not the case of online teacher helps. *The Teacher Resource Library is a one-stop resource for the myWorld Social Studies Teacher’s Guide, lesson plans, and instruction resources. Each chapter will provide:
- A Teacher’s Guide for each chapter
- Lesson plans
- An audio podcast on chapter subjects
- Hands-on activities to engage your child
- Editable tests for each chapter and separate answer keys
- The myStory DVD
I would like to make it clear that history is my 5th graders least favorite subject. She also despises text book learning. This has proven to be a challenge for me to even get her to use it. However, once she begins she does enjoy it. She said it is an okay way to learn history. We are going to stick with this for now and help her get over her phobia of textbooks.
To see what others though of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.
Disclosure: As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to share my honest opinion. *was taken directly from the website.