Friday, October 22, 2010

Little Reader


Have you ever thought of teaching your baby to read, I have.  I just figured I could never afford the program, nor would I have time with 4 kids. 

Then I was given the opportunity to review Little Reader from Brill Kids. 

I decided that there are moms that homeschool many more children than I do, and I would make the time to try this with Tyler.  So for the past 6 weeks we have been trying this.  I will start off by just letting you know that Tyler has not read any words yet.  But he has been loving this time with me.  It has been a special time that is for just us.  The lessons only take about 5 minutes twice a day.  However, there are times when we are enjoying ourselves so much that we repeat a lesson.  He sits on my lap and we snuggle up with the computer in front of us.   I do feel like this is a great program for teaching babies (6 months – 3 years) to read.  It has been fun for us to spend time together. 

It has really made me decide and realize what a difference 10 minutes a day can make with your children. 

I will give you a future update on Tyler’s progress in reading. 

Little reader teaches using digital flashcards and you can customize the pictures used (ie; brother, sister, family, etc).  I would really recommend checking out there website, where it is full of information, as well as videos of young ones reading, if you are thinking about teaching your baby to read.   Your child does not need to know how to talk in order to read.  For example they can see the word hair, and point to their hair, or see the word brother and go get their brother, etc. 

I have yet to make my decision on how I feel about it.  I think it can be a good thing however, I do feel as though I have seen people use it as a type of show off.    For me, I am going to continue this with Tyler for a while, mostly because I like the time we are spending together and he really does enjoy the flashcards. 

Little Reader Basic is $149 for a 6 month curriculum package, or $199 for an an entire year, both include access to many more downloads.  

Little Reader Deluxe is $360 which includes all of the software in the Basic, as well as many hands on items such as flash cards, plus much more. 

To see what other crew member say about the Little Reader Basic Download check it out HERE!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...