Saturday, August 27, 2011

What to do on the first day of Public School.

Public School has started here and we spent the day schooling in the morning and then we went out for a family fun day. 

We went bowling. 

P1030414

I set Tommy and Emily up on their own lane and I set Katey, Tyler and I up on the next lane.  Boy, am I glad I did that.  

This actually turned into an educational experience.  Tyler definitely needed a BIG lesson in taking turns!  This was the first time that I have actually let him bowl.  He was more than excited.  Which is why I wasn’t able to get many pictures.  I had to keep track of him.  He kept on grabbing all the balls and trying to throw them down any lanes. 

We asked to go and see the back of the alley.  They  let us!  I have never seen the back of a bowling lane before.    It is much more complicated then I had imagined.

P1030415

 

The employee was so nice and explained a lot to us.  There were even some other people bowling so we were able to see to see the machines in action. 

 

aP1030416

 

It was so much cooler than I could even get pictures of. 

I love it when a normal activity turns out to be an educational one.

After that we went out for to our local bookstore with an ice cream shop in the back.  We bought some new books, and had ice cream.  We window shopped at the hobby store.  Next, we headed to the library.   

 

All in the day of a homeschooler. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...