Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week in Review Dec 2nd

P1040326
We were able to get our tree and other CHRISTmas decorations up.
P1040327
This nativity set was my mothers when I was a child.  I remember it was a special set that we were allowed to touch and play with, while we still knew to be very careful with it and that it was very fragile.  
I now have this set for me, and got my children The Little People Nativity Set.  That one is their set to play with.

We also began our Christmas Study.   Which has been our favorite resource this week.

Each child had a job while we made our scripture chain.
P1040340P1040343
Emily cut out the scriptures and Katey glued them.  P1040346P1040339
Tommy was the actual chain maker and Tyler passed out snacks.  P1040345P1040367

We also made Krispy Treat Christmas Tress. 
P1040365P1040366


We also decided to try an experiment.  We wanted to see if we could make hot air rise.  I filled a garbage sack up with air using a blow dryer.  I took it outside where it was freezing and I thought it would float.  I was wrong.  I ended up throwing it up into the air just to get it to go high.  We will definitely be trying this experiment again, differently.  
P1040363
The kids are entering Gingerbread Houses in a local competition here.  So we also got started on mixing up our gingerbread. 
P1040364
This is linked up to:
 Weekly Wrap Up

and also.
Favorite Resource This Week

and also







The Homeschool Mother's Journal

4 comments:

Susan said...

It looks like your children had a good time with your Christmas study!

Thanks for linking to Favorite Resources :)

Stephanie said...

I love all your Christmas activities. It sounds like you're creating wonderful memories for the whole family.

Stef said...

krispy treat trees? you are my hero!

Traci's Teaching Times said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time with your studies & Christmas. Enjoy yourselves. Stopping by from teh HMJ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...