Thursday, June 21, 2012

IXL

 

    

IXL math has been a hit in our house lately.  It has been a great way to keep up on previously learned concepts as well as learn a few new ones.   IXL is a website that reviews all math concepts from the very beginning math up to Algebra with more advanced topics coming soon. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

IXL 7th GradeIXL Algebra

IXL is not a teacher.  However if your student gets the answer wrong, they can get helps, which are step by step directions of how to do the problem. 

The thing that is fun for my family about IXL is that there are goals to meet, awards to be earned and they all come on this neat little screen.  A different set of goals for each grade level.  These awards can be earned virtually as well as printed out.  My kids were perfectly happy with the virtual awards. It was neat that each one was a surprise.  Each one being different. 

IXL is currently being used in over 150 countries and is set to meet many state standards.

Photobucket

The parent chart areas are very easy to read.  I like being able to see if there are certain things my children are excelling in and the ones they need extra help in as well.  This helps me know right where they are.

IXL Family Reports

This program lets you move around levels too.  That has been great for me.  My 7 year old was still struggling with coin recognition, but on the first grade level everywhere else. I was able to have her do the Kindergarten version of coins and the rest of the things at the first grade level.

IXL is free each day for the first 10 problems.  And I actually have done that with my children on occasion in the past.

For me though the full membership is worth it.   You get so much more.  The reporting, a weekly email of progress, the ability to do as many problems as you wish, the fact that progress is kept track of so the student knows what has already been done.

These prices are for one student, however additional students can be added for just $2 per month or $20 per year.

 

To see what others though of this check out this post. To see a wide variety of reviews check out our crew blog.

Photobucket


Disclosure: As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew I review products like this, which I receive for free in order to be able to share my honest opinion. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...