Monday, September 6, 2010

Not everybody supports my homeschooling decision.



I don’t even know where to start with this.  I will just say that someone close to me, does NOT support my homeschooling.    I will tell you how I deal with it.

I find all the confidence and support I need through prayer.  

First of all, I do try my best to listen to her point of view.  I also try to share my point of view with her, even though I feel as if she don’t always see my side.    If I feel the things she points out to me are valid and worthy of me changing.  I do work on those things. For my situation, I think that most of the un-supportiveness comes from lack of knowledge either about homeschooling, or about my specific situation. 

I have overheard her asking my children if they are ready to go back to public school.  When they say no, she asks them things, like if they miss their friends, if they miss the parties at school, etc.  I always let my children answer for themselves.  I also make sure to ask my children how they are feeling, about life in general, from homeschooling, to chores, to friends, and more.  I feel VERY CONFIDENT that my children are happy!  

I am also VERY CONFIDENT that I am doing the right thing for my family right now. 

I am VERY CONFIDENT that I am teaching them what I want them to know, what they need to know, and how to be the type of people that God wants them to be.

I am VERY CONFIDENT that homeschooling is doing amazing things for the relationship I have with my children.  

So I HAVE THE CONFIDENCE in what I am doing.  That really helps me to deal with negativity.  I also find alot of support throughout blogs, and my local homeschooling group. 

This post was written in part of the Blog Cruise from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. 

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Awesome. Keep up the good work.

J.L. BOSTICK said...

I hope you don't mind my responding as you don't know me..but..I so feel you on this. My mother in law hates that we are homeschooling and has made it clear numerous times that I cannot do it. But this year so far has been so amazing for my daughter who is blind. We have been homeschooling a month and already I see drastic and amazing changes in her so nothing she says will ever change my decision.

A mother knows what to do when it comes to HER kids. You ARE doing the right thing in homeschooling. Keep your head up, the prize in focus and ignore all the nay-Sayers because they haven't a clue.

Goodluck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...