Monday, May 20, 2013

Can we say “stressed”? {Week in Review}

First of all, I would like to say:

Please forgive me for the way this post is jumbled.  I am trying out using Evernote for blogging and just entering things through the week on that.  Then transferring them over to a post for our week in review.

After a stressful weekend, I was not ready for Monday!

My husband took my keys to another state for the week.  Ahhhh.  I had a ton of errands to run.  By the time I realized this, all the dealerships were closed for the weekend and the soonest they could make a key would be Monday and even then it would cost me $200.  I ended up finding a ride 2 towns over to go pick up his truck and drive that around until he had found someone coming back this way to bring me back my key.  I know some of you are one car families and make it work.  The problem with this for me, was that it was not planned.  So I had a ton of errands to do.  A TON!

 

  I created the kids end of year plans.  We finalized them Monday morning and discussed some expectations.  They can be done with school as soon as they complete everything and then they can take a break until June 10th which is when we will start our summer schedule.  Stay tuned for our end of year schedule and summer plans later this week.

After all this I had one kid ready to finish up that day!  The other two wanted to take that day off and I decided to let them. 

We did get in some unscheduled learning. 

Our bug collection made a lot of progress this week. 

Evernote Snapshot 20130514 145215

We also got out our Discovery Scope and looked at dandelions (a composite flower).  Here is a picture I took using my phone through the Discovery Scope.

Evernote Camera Roll 20130514 145417

We also spent some time at the park while waiting for Emily’s softball game to start. So far they had been undefeated.  The had their first loss this week. 

 

 

Evernote Camera Roll 20130514 145455

Evernote Camera Roll 20130514 145508

 

Last week we were learning about details in paragraphs.  The kids wrote paragraphs describing how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We put their paragraphs to the test .  They had to read them while I did exactly what they read.  This made for some fun family laughs as some steps were skipped. 

Evernote Camera Roll 20130514 145526Katey has been learning all about space so far.  We have been learning how to use binoculars to look at the night sky. 

Tommy did the self test in grammar (english grammar 101) for module 1.  He scored great!

He has also started his own lawn mowing business with his friend. So far he has been quite successful and this is proving an opportunity for him to learn applied math with expenses and cash flow as well as partnership and communication.

The spring weather has been gorgeous so we have spent much of our reading time outside. Evernote Camera Roll 20130515 152515

We have also been able to play outside quite a bit!

 

Evernote Camera Roll 20130515 152603

Tyler has been learning how to do puzzles. He still needs a lot of help, but he just loves putting them together.

Evernote Camera Roll 20130515 152549

I have been feeling so disrespected lately.  I did end up losing my cool.  I have also been feeling stressed about many things outside of my control in my life right now.

Then Tyler got an ear infection and we are currently without insurance.  My husband recently went through a job change.  We couldn't afford COBRA until the new insurance starts so after taking him to the doctor and getting his prescription we had to pay $170 in medical bills and prescriptions.

We headed to Cheer Nationals for Katey.

Evernote Camera Roll 20130518 155234

  Her team ended up winning second place which is great.  I am so proud of how hard she practiced and how brave she and her team was for getting up there in front of all those people and judges. Evernote Camera Roll 20130518 155224

It was at an amusement park and we had intended on taking our kids on rides and spending the day there.  The problem was it poured rain.  I mean poured for half the day.  We decided to bag it and just have a fun day with the kids.  The day seemed ruined because we were all so excited to go to this whole thing and we had planed out the whole day.  I guess this is God showing us how to roll with the punches….

Here is to hoping this is our last week of full school and we can take a break until our summer schedule starts.  Smile 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...