Monday, July 22, 2013

Homeschool Mother’s Journal

 

image

  • In my life this week…  I have had one less kid, as my oldest has been away at scout camp.  My other three have definitely been getting their fair share of summer fun in. Tyler caught a little sunburn on his shoulders even after I applied sunscreen multiple times that day.  I had to attend my husbands company party without him.  Talk about awkward!  We went to a picnic at the park day with a bunch of friends.  I also did a freezer meal swap with 6 other ladies.  Which meant because of my procrastination I was too busy to get my meal done sooner,  I ended up waking up at 5 am the day of to do my cooking.  I had it all ready and made it there just 5 minutes late.  Thank goodness for my pressure cooker.  I made Pork Barbacoa Café Rio Style from a recipe I found on Pinterest. 

  • In our homeschool this week…  We really have taken this week off of any intentional learning.  We hope to get back at it around the first of August. 

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…  Freezer meals!  I can’t tell you how much doing these swaps saves my booty.  On nights when I just don’t want to cook, or whatever.  We just pop a meal in and bam, DINNER IS SERVED!

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…  We did one of the most fun (which reminds me, why isn’t funnest a word? UGHH) activities we have done in a while.  The Pioneer Museum is hosting a drawing for a very fun basket if you go on a scavenger hunt and take pictures of yourself at all the pioneer historical markers around town.  We did it!  We got all 12 markers in one day. 

  • My favorite thing this week was…  2 things actually!  My son came home from Scout Camp safe and sound.  The scavenger hunt mentioned above.
  • My kiddos favorite thing this week was… Tommy’s was going to scout camp.  Emily’s was probably sleep.  Katey and Tyler’s was definitely the scavenger hunt mentioned above.

  • Things I’m working on… blogging more.  And this week is fair week!!  That is a big deal around here!  We are getting ready to take our entries over and start the festivities. 
  • I’m cooking… Just the Café Rio Pork Barbacoa copy cat recipe that I found on Pinterest.  After I made that, I did end up going to lunch at Café Rio over the weekend. 
  • I rewarded my kids this week by…  I bought a special box of ice cream treats, that I never buy.  The expensive ones.  I let them each have one.

How has your summer been going?  Is it keeping you as busy as it is me?

This post is linked up to The Homeschool Mother’s Journal over at So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...