Monday, August 23, 2010

A day in my house

This weeks theme over at Heart Of The Matter is A day in the life of…

 

So I would like to start out with our schedule.  Which we do usually stick to.   I am not good at sticking to times, however I do stick to a routine.  If I fall out of routine (or if I let someone else fall out of routine) the entire house suffers. 

 

We all wake up between 8am and 9am.  Breakfast is usually on your own, (cereal, toast, waffles, fruit, etc) Whoever is around when Katey is ready, helps her.  After breakfast each person starts with their own individual routine.  Which includes getting ready for the day, and a few simple chores.

 

When done with that you begin school.  We use a form of workboxes.

 

  Around 12ish everybody cleans up their things and we break for lunch.

 

  I cook lunch, while they each do some more small chores, such as sweeping the hardwood floor, switching over laundry, (just nothing in the kitchen).  After lunch everybody loads their own dishes in the dishwasher and we do any group learning for the day, such as bible, read alouds, art, history, science.

 

  When we are done with that, or when Dad comes home we clean up and just have free time.  I cook dinner and we all eat together. 

 

If we have any evening activities planned we go to those. 

 

Around 8pm, we start are evening routine.  Which includes showers, taking care of any clothes on your beds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...