Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our last days

in our old house.   I know this is a little late but we have been busy, well ya know, moving!

I had planned out a short school days for the Monday and Tuesday of “moving week.”  Wednesday was truck loading day so everything had to be gone that day.  Thursday was driving day, and move in day.  The weekend was for unpacking!
These are the last of the workboxes.   I just wrapped them in saran wrap.  I left the books in them, I know it’s a little wear and tear on the boxes, but I wanted the kids to be able to continue with their schoolwork while I was unpacking.

 S3010384
Katey went missing for a while and I found her in her closet box spying on us packing.  We have been reading aloud Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying .  She has really been into spying lately. 
S3010386
One other thing I did is pack a special tote full of lactivities for Tyler and Katey.  It had a small TV with a movie.  Coloring books and crayons and picture books, some puzzles and snacks.  While I would always be close by as well as other adults.  It very much helped keep these two busy and out of the way. 
S3010382

Now I am proud to report that we are completely unpacked and life is back to normal now.  Stay tuned to see how our new “school closet” is organized. And what we have been up to living in a brand new city 200 miles away from anyone or anything we ever knew.

Also the temperature here this morning was 13 below!  Brrrrr.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...